SHOHEI is an active luxury ready-to-wear fashion label created between the Austrian founder & creative director Lisa Pek and the Japanese co-founder & CFO Shohei Yamamoto.
Its adventure began in September 2016 during Paris Fashion Week. The brand’s name has its origin in Japan. A country which celebrates both ancient believes and technological innovation. SHOHEI means "world of peace".
The concept of SHOHEI is based on this duality in the way design is created and materials are sourced.
Made in Japan / Made in Europe
1. What are your life essentials--What do you carry with you at all time?
A functional hand-bag, comfortable shoes & hand-cream.
2. Who was your most previous text/call to and what about?
It was a call to my family talking about the beautiful gifts I received from an old lady nearby my flat who is moving house and has therefore gifted to me with traditional crafted Japanese fabrics & a beautiful framed kimono-print pattern.
3. Last meal you would eat?
4. Most influential person in your life?
5. Tried any true methods against creative block?
I strongly believe every company has to achieve its own unique strategy/method no matter if this was against the flow or with the flow.
6. What are some inspirational things, designs, artists, music, sites that you find yourself re-visiting often?
To me inspiration comes from a bunch of things that connect to a strong feeling that comes up and leads to an idea/concept. This can be merged from observing people on the street, exploring nature, reading the news or having a chat with local or citizen people and to get to know on how they view the world.
7. If you could have 3 people over for dinner, dead or alive, who would you invite?
Claude Levi Strauss, Stephen Hawking, Patti Smith.
7. Favorite cities? Why?
I love London and Tokyo, but I guess I do not have a favorite city as such. I like to browse around and get lost in different places. This can be a small village or side- streets of a big city.
9. Favorite drinks?
Macha latte sometimes.
10. Likes/dislikes? (just a short list, one word answers)
Likes: animals, nature, laughing & hanging out with friends
Dislikes: running late, skype-calls & financial planning
SHOP SHOHEI HERE